GUARDIA Civil are investigating the death of a brother and sister who were rotting alone in their home for four weeks.
The siblings, who lived in San Javier, Murcia, were found today after a neighbour raised the alarm after not seeing them for over a month.
Police stumbled upon the bodies, which had no signs of violence, while conducting a search of the home on calle Isaac Peral.
The woman, 52, was in a fetal position on the sofa, while the man, 43, was lying on the bed.
Investigators believe the sister suffered from hypoxia from birth, a debilitating disorder which causes deficiency of oxygen in the blood, cells and tissues of the body.
Autopsies are still being performed, but the working theory is that the brother died first in his bed, leaving his sister without care.
Authorities believed she then starved to death.
Cops say the house was filthy and extremely disorganised.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15