A SPANISH grandmother has said she is ‘born again’ after surviving a horrific bus accident.
Adela, 63, was hit by a bus in Aldaia before being dragged for a kilometre without the driver realising.
She fractured her pelvis, broke two ribs, and is covered in bruises, but miraculously survived.
The accident happened on Saturday at 7.30pm, as a storm began to take hold over the town in Valencia.
No one was on the street because of the bad weather, so no one saw her being dragged by the vehicle.
The driver had hit the woman with the front of the bus, and her coat belt had somehow become trapped between the two front wheels.
“I was on a zebra crossing but the driver just did not see me,” she recalled from hospital, ahead of her shoulder surgery, “he ran me over and just kept going.”
She was dragged for a kilometre before the bus stopped at a red light and a passenger heard her screams and told the driver to stop.
“I was wishing it would end, stop and someone would see me, I just kept screaming,” added Adela.
“When they took me out from under the bus the driver went white, not even the police believed that I had been dragged for such a long distance.
“This girl who raised the alarm stayed until the ambulance arrived and told me not to sleep, not to close my eyes.
“What happened I do not wish it to anyone.
“I ended up with my legs on my head, folded like a sandwich, that is how I broke my pelvis.
“I’m born again, I guess I was not supposed to die that day.”
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15