SPAIN’S property market has been ranked the fourth most rewarding investment opportunity in the world.
In the new 2018 ranking by Afire, the holiday hotspot moved from sixth in the ranking last year to fourth, leapfrogging the UK, who moved down from third last year to fifth.
With 30% of respondents’ votes, the US remains the country most likely to make you money on your property investment.
Brazil took second place with just under 25% of the votes, followed by China with just over 10%.
The UK fared better than Spain when it came to ranking countries who provided the most stable environment for investment.
With 58% of respondents’ votes, the US remains the country considered the most stable for real estate.
Germany again took second place with 20% of the votes, and Canada remained in third place with 12%.
The UK moved into fourth from fifth, while Australia fell from fourth to fifth.
London, meanwhile, shot to the chop of the charts when ranking the best global cities for property investment.
It was followed by New York, Berlin, Los Angeles and Frankfurt.
AFIRE members are among the largest international institutional real estate investors in the world and have an estimated $2 trillion or more in real estate assets under management globally.
The 26th annual survey was conducted in the fourth quarter of 2017 by the James A. Graaskamp Center for Real Estate, Wisconsin School of Business.
- BREAKING: Body of little Julen found in Malaga well - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 13:24
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50