A SHEPHERD has been accused of being an ‘enivronmental terrorist’ following the deaths of 15 griffon vultures in Andalucia.
It comes after the birds were poisoned in the Sierra de Zafarraya mountains in Granada.
An investigation was launched after a Forest Guard officer stumbled upon the birds of prey acting disorientated.
They appeared to be struggling to stand and were unable to fly, before dropping dead.
Post-mortem tests revaled they had been poisoned with a highly toxic pesticide.
Authorities believe they may have been fed the poison via pieces of mutton.
The shepherd is believed to be the prime suspect in the case.
Environment boss Jose Fiscal said whoever is responsible is an ‘environmental terrorist’.
The motive for the killings in unclear given that the birds are not a threat to livestock.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16