The FR7063 flight from Alicante to Dublin was diverted to Santander yesterday morning.
Police were called to meet the aircraft after the pair, in their 50s, became ‘aggressive’ mid-flight.
The rowdy couple are now facing a hefty fine for breaching air security after Guardia Civil officers took them off the flight.
Witnesses have said the couple had had ‘a lot to drink’ and were arguing violently with each other but were not targeting other passengers.
The incident happened about a third of the way through the three-hour flight from the Costa Blanca capital on Wednesday.
The pilot made an unscheduled landing just before 4pm at Seve Ballesteros-Santander Airport.
The flight took off at around 5pm after the ‘disruptive’ passengers left the plane.
They were said to have left the aircraft of their own accord.
A spokesman for the Guardia Civil in Cantabria confirmed an Irish couple had been removed from the plane.
He said: “The pilot asked us to attend because he didn’t want two people who were on the plane and being aggressive to continue their journey.
“The couple left the aircraft voluntarily after we went on board and did not have to be removed by force.
“Their personal details were recorded and they were informed they were being reported for breaching air security.
“They won’t face any criminal charges but are likely to receive a fine from AESA, the state body that will now move things forward.
“I cannot comment on what happened in the plane because it wasn’t something the Civil Guard witnessed. The message from the plane was that they were being aggressive.”
- BREAKING: Body of little Julen found in Malaga well - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 13:24
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50