THIS is the tragic moment the suspected body of missing British expat Rebecca Muldoon was removed from a Costa del Sol beach.
The body was found near Oasis Beach in Marbella on Sunday after the mother-of-two went missing on January 1.
As first reported by the Olive Press, friends raised the alarm after discovering her two children had been left at home alone.
Friends revealed to us how the Southend-born mum had suffered from a nervous breakdown last year but that she was ‘recovering well’.
Her husband Paul Muldoon is now facing extradition to England where detectives want to speak to him about a boiler room fraud allegedly involving the supposed sale of rare earth metals five years ago.
The warrants reads that he and a gang of accomplices are accused of promising extraordinary returns for investments in rare metal compounds used to make LEDs and lasers.
It comes after he was arrested on January 1 for domestic violence against his wife Rebecca, who failed to show up to ratify her complaints.
He is not a suspect in her disappearance given that he was in custody when she vanished.
He was released by a Spanish court who did not realise he was wanted in the UK.
Authorities are still waiting for an official identification of the body found in Marbella before confirming it is Rebecca.
The first autopsy of the body is reported to show no signs of violence.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16