A BRITISH expat is set to lose thousands of euros in business after his town hall began digging up the road outside his business without warning.
Josh Grimshaw, 28, started worrying after noticing a pile up of construction materials at Christmas, which was preventing customers from parking outside his bar La Tasca in Torre del Mar.
Amazingly, the town hall, just 50 metres away, first claimed to know nothing about the works when Grimshaw demanded answers.
“Now they have told me they are re-piping the roads and they ‘should’ be done by Semana Santa,” the Manchester-born businessman told the Olive Press.
Several expat businesses on Avenida Andalucia are also furious at having to close during the estimated three month work period.
“It’s disgusting,” added Grimshaw, who moved to the Costa del Sol 17 years ago, “I’ve now been told to take down my awnings or the town hall will do it themselves and slap me with a fine!”
The road has now been blocked off by road signs making the row of businesses inaccessible to potential punters.
Torre del Mar town hall has yet to common.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16