AN appeal has been launched to get a much-loved expat life-saving cancer treatment.
Louise Metherell, 51, from Portsmouth, was diagnosed with multiple myeloma at Christmas and needs specialist treatment to give her the best fighting chance.
Her son wrote on the GoFundMe page: “We need to raise money urgently.
“This will give my mum the chance to then have a transplant and save her life. If you can spare anything to help us please please donate and share. Thank you.”
Louise has lived on the Costa del Sol for three years and is described as ‘selfless’ and a ‘true friend’ by fellow expats.
Bar owner Jorge Garcia Vara told the Olive Press: “Louise is one of the most incredibly selfless people you will ever meet.
“She’s a huge supporter of local businesses and goes out of her way to take friends to try new places.
“She has so much she wants to do with and for her son. I’ve never met someone who doesn’t sing her praises when you mention her name. She really doesn’t deserve this but she is tough enough to beat it with the support and love of her friends and family…. And of course a little financial support for things which are not covered on her own insurance.
“Wheel chair hire for example is something she would have to fund herself, taxis to and from the hospital, prescriptions etc and without the added stress of these things she can focus on getting herself better.”
You can donate to Louise’s cause here: https://www.gofundme.com/vup2fy-my-mums-cancer-treatment-fund
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16