The footage was released by Guardia Civil, who asked anyone with information to come forward yesterday.
Police only released only a fragment of the video because it becomes too ‘brutal’ to show.
The suspect is being located in Catalunya, according to the Guardia Civil.
The man says in the clip: “Three in the afternoon and we are going to capture a boar.
¿Conoces al que ha golpeado y ahogado un jabalí que había caído a un canal de riego?
El vídeo se ha hecho viral en RRSS…difundimos un fragmento#Colabora
???? firstname.lastname@example.org pic.twitter.com/QiabHaMo2i
— Guardia Civil (@guardiacivil) January 23, 2018
“Come here, son of a bitch, what sausages we’re going to do.”
The area of the abuse has now been identified as the Panyana channel in Catalunya.
Animal rights group-turned political party PACMA shared the video saying: “This atrocity is not considered a crime in Spain.
“Wild animals are totally helpless by the laws. This allows images like these to go unpunished.
“Pacma the only party that works for our penal code to punish perpetrators.”
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16