ANCIENT crystal weapons have been unearthed in Spain.
Archaeologists found the glass-like spearheads and arrowheads in a megalithic tomb – a burial ground built thousands of years ago.
The site – Valencia de la Concepci – is believed to have been active between 3,500 and 2,700 BC.
A transparent dagger blade and several other artefacts were also dug up.
Included within the finds was also a number of clothes made of tens of thousands of perforated amber beads.
The rock crystal dagger blade in particular, which was said to be found in the upper level of the structure, was accompanied by a sheath.
This made it an exceptionally sophisticated and valuable object from prehistoric Europe.
The dagger measured 214 mm in length, a 59 mm in width and 13mm thick.
The crystal material has experts stumped, as its origin is not known.
Despite carrying out a thorough analysis, experts were unable to pinpoint the original whereabouts of the material.
This clip was uploaded to YouTube channel Mystery History on Tuesday and has already received almost 70,000 hits.
One comment read: “Our world still holds many mysteries. We are not the most technical generation this world has seen.”
And another added: “This is simply amazing stuff.”
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16