AN alleged paedophile pensioner has been arrested after a foiled attempt to abduct a eight-year-old girl in Alicante while she walked with her mother in broad daylight.
The 73-year-old was released on bail just days before the incident occurred, after being arrested on January 9 for luring two teenage girls into his mobile home, where he was said to have offered drugs and money in exchange for sex.
After allegedly trying to grab the girl by the arm around midday Saturday in Luceros Square, he was confronted by several passers-by and ran away, but was detained by officers in a nearby street.
The man identified locally by his first name and initials Joaquin T.G, was found to be carrying scissors, latex gloves and Viagra-type pills.
A further search of his campervan, lead authorities to find a gun, sex toys and brand-new children’s toys.
Police confirmed that the man had worn a dark hat, sunglasses and large scarf in an attempt to disguise himself during the alleged attempted abduction.
The man has denied trying to abduct the youngster and insisted he was just having a brief conversation with her outside a shop in the square.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00