FIVE men, including two Brits and two Spaniards, have been arrested after €56 million worth of cocaine was discovered on a private jet.
The half-tonne haul is believed to be one of the largest recent seizures of its kind.
Border Force found 500kg of the Class A drug after searching the aircraft when it landed at Farnborough airport, Hampshire.
It had arrived from Bogota, Colombia on Monday.
An Italian was also arrested after the drug was found stashed in 15 suitcases on board.
Border Force deputy chief operating officer Mike Stepney said: “After meeting the flight and questioning those on board, officers became suspicious and searched the aircraft and their luggage.
“When opened, each case was found to contain between 34 to 37 tape-wrapped packages weighing approximately one kilo each.
“One of these was pierced and a white powder exposed which tested positive for cocaine.”
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15