HE’S credited with the reason the Obama family keep returning to Mallorca.
And now, appropriately, America’s former ambassador to Spain, James Costos, is looking to buy on the island.
The cultured American has had a long relationship with Mallorca, spending summers and winters in the north of island with husband, designer Michael Smith, for over a decade.
The pair currently work all around the world, mainly in the US and Barcelona, and recently bought a rural estate near Salamanca.
The power couple have rented the same horse ranch in Esporles, Ses Planes, for a decade, but now want to own a home of their own on the island, claim friends.
The Olive Press revealed how the pair had dined with Michelle Obama in the tiny village of Caimari last summer.
She had stayed at their home and at the nearby Cap Rocat with her two daughters.
Costos was recently spotted browsing the real-estate section of Mallorca’s booth at the recent FITUR international tourism fair, in Madrid.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15