A SUSPECTED drug gang leader has been ‘rescued’ from hospital by a gang of his associates.
The suspect was a prisoner at the Botafuegos jail in Algeciras but was part of the ‘third degree’ programme.
The programme allows prisoners to be free during the day but they must spend the night inside.
The now fugitive was seen acting suspiciously near a notorious drug-dealing area of La Linea when police gave chase.
He fled on a motorbike but crashed while trying to get away.
While recovering in a nearby hospital and under the watch of two Spanish cops, 12 masked associates stormed the building to repatriate their colleague.
The two police were beaten and overpowered by the group, who managed to evacuate the suspect successfully.
Only one gang member was caught.
The investigation continues.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16