THE cold snap affecting most of Spain shows no signs of abating with 31 provinces still on alert for low temperatures.
Weather agency AEMET has warned thermometers could drop to -10C in Huesca, Avila, Zamora, Girona and Lleida.
Highs and lows across the whole country are forecast to be lower than average for February.
It comes after the lowest temperature so far was recorded today in Cap de Vaquèira, in the Catalan province of Lleida, where thermometers plummetted -15.2ºC.
AEMET said Friday could be the coldest day of the winter, a feeling that will be compounded by the wind-chill factor.
The lows across the country have been 3-6C lower than what is considered normal for this time of year, especially in the south.
Snow will continue in the Basque Country, Navarre, Cantabria, Burgos and La Rioja.
Barcelona could also see snow today.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16