DOZENS of dogs are in danger after their British expat owner died suddenly from a brain aneurysm.
Hope for Podenos, in Albacete, urgently needs €120,000 in just three weeks to save 40 dogs whose charity has been left without a benefactor and owner.
Suzannah Stacey unexpectedly died in January from a brain aneurysm after committing her life to saving podencos who had been abandoned and left for dead by Spanish hunters.
Co-founders Steve and Irene Allen are now pleading locals and expats for donations to help keep the charity going as all other funds are held up in probate.
Suzannah had sold her British home at the end of last year in a bid to purchase the propert outright, but died on January 23 before sealing the deal.
Irene Allen said: “We now need to raise the money from scratch to be able to secure the property again, even though we are living in it with the dogs already moved in and settled while waiting for their adoptions to their forever homes.
She added: “Last December Suzannah decided that all the monies from her property sale in the UK would go into buying the rescue centre.
“Sadly, this didn’t happen and has left us in a precarious position with the original owner, as they are now looking for the rest of the money.
“Her will hadn’t been changed in the UK so no monies will be coming to Spain.
“Suzannah would have been devastated at this, so we have to fight to keep the centre and our dream and so Suzannah’s name cannot be forgotten.”
You can donate here: www.youcaring.com/SaveHopeForPodencosCentre
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16