A HUGE 3.5 tonne cocaine haul discovered on the Costa del Sol could easily exceed €120 million in value, Spanish cops have said.
The mammoth haul was found hidden in salt in a home and a warehouse in Estepona.
The stash is believed to be linked to the network of huge alleged drug boss Sito Miñanco, who was arrested in Algeciras last week.
The find is the biggest ever in Malaga and one of the biggest ever on Spanish soil.
Five people have been arrested but this could increase as investigations continue.
Officers estimate the cocaine found has a street value of just over €120 million.
Just over two tonnes were found in a house next to the luxury H10 Estepona Palace hotel in Estepona.
The rest was in an industrial warehouse nearby.
The cocaine was in hidden packages inside bags containing salt.
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50
- British favourite Primark WILL be able to open in Marbella after five year battle - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 11:53
- Earthquake rocks residents in Spain’s Andalucia - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 17:03