THE beautiful landscapes of Spain are quickly becoming a director’s preferred choice as it comes in fourth in a European ranking list of film production.
The European Audiovisual Observatory report also shows that film production in Spain has grown by 89% – one of only two European countries, including Denmark where film production rose.
The report charts the level of production between 2007-8 and compares that to 2015-6 and comes in behind Britain, France and Germany which came first, second and third respectively.
It is a positive growth by the European average of 47%, with the report collecting data from 36 countries in the bloc.
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11