A BRITISH woman who was raped on the Costa del Sol has caught her own alleged attacker after he took selfies on her stolen phone.
The young Brit, 23, was punched in the face and threatened before being raped in La Nogalera, Torremolinos.
She was knocked out cold during the attack and woke up naked from the waist down.
The attacker stole her phone in the February 11 attack, which occured at around 5am.
Her clothes were thrown away, but police found an earring and DNA evidence at the scene.
Witnesses said the British expat begged her attacker to stop and another who saw a man punch a woman who was calling for help around the head and body.
The rapist had fled the area by the time the Good Samaritan reacted.
But cops arrested a suspect within 48 hours after the victim contacted them to say she had spotted pictures of a man she recognised as her attacker on her Google Drive account.
The collection of selfies with his friends are believed to have been taken the day after the rape.
The suspect is a 22-year-old Spanish squatter who is already known to police.
He has been remanded in prison as the investigation and criminal probe continues.
A Policia Nacional spokesman said: “Police have arrested a man suspected of a sex attack in the area of La Nogalera during the early hours of February 11.
“The suspect, a 22-year-old Spaniard, is accused of sexual assault, robbery and wounding.
“The investigation was sparked by a complaint from a young woman who said she had been raped.
“She said she was waking in the La Nogalera area when she was approached by a stranger who hit her, threatened her and forced himself on her.
“She was treated at a local health centre she managed to reach after the incident.”
The spokesman added: “The suspect was carrying his alleged victim’s mobile phone when he was arrested.
“He was living in a squat in the area of Torremolinos where he was arrested.”
A source told the Sun: “The photos that appeared on her Google Drive were key in helping officers track down the suspect.”
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22