ALLEGED Russian crime boss Arnold Spivakovsky has been released on bail.
The reported mafia boss, who goes by the name Tamm, posted a €750,000 bail after he was arrested in Marbella alongside another 11 alleged mafia members in September last year.
Tamm, who Interpol has identified as one of the leaders of the Solntsevskaya mafia, is accused of money laundering funds from illegal dealings into businesses on the Costa del Sol.
Marbella football club owner Alexander Grinberg and Aguas Sierra de Mijas drinking water bosses Oleg Kuznetsov and Sergey Dozhde were also arrested.
Spivakovsky, who is a permanent resident of Russia, was holidaying in Spain when he was picked up.
His lawyer Carlos Dominguez appealed the court ruling, labelling the accusations as groundless and describing his client as ‘a highly respected top manager repeatedly awarded by the Russian government.’
Marbella FC owner Grinberg was also released on €750,000 bail this month, and has since protested his innocence.
“I have never broken the law in my life, neither in Spain or Russia,” he said.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15