A YOUNG Romanian will appear before a court in Spain after allegedly driving 200km/hr while drinking gin and filming himself.
The 21-year-old is accused of dangerous driving after the sharing the video on social media.
Denunciem penalment un jove que conduïa de manera temerària en un vídeo difós en les xarxes socials. Les imatges mostraven com conduïa a 200 km/h mentre bevia alcohol https://t.co/aYHnTi5O5V pic.twitter.com/NHU2aBVW1E
— Mossos (@mossos) February 25, 2018
The Mossos d’Esquadra in Catalunya launched an investigation after first seeing the video on February 16.
He allegedly drove on the A-2 and around Bell-Lloc in Lleida.
The suspect will now appear before a court to face reckless driving charges.
The Mossos said speeding or alcohol are two of the main causes of accidents on roads.
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35