THIS is the disgusting moment a green activist group catpured footage of raw sewage being dumped off shore in southern Spain.
Vertidos de #AguasResiduales en la playa de Levante de #LaLínea .
Geplaatst door Verdemar Ecologistas en Acción (Campo de Gibraltar) op woensdag 28 februari 2018
The video was uploaded by Verdemar Ecologistas en Acción, an environmental group based in Cadiz.
The two-minute clip was recorded on Levanto beach in La Linea.
“I have seen this comes out of the rock, I remember seeing it this summer from a boat, the smell was awful,” one local commented on Facebook.
“This should be reported to the civil guard or the authorities, how is this not a crime?” another said.
It comes after a study last year found that one third of Andalucian sewage plants are not safely processing waste.
More than 60 centres were found to be breaching national regulations through practices dangerous to both people’s health and the environment, according to a study by Ecologistas en Accion.
It found that Estepona and Istan are the worst offenders on the Costa del Sol, along with San Roque and Barbate on Costa de la Luz and the Pradollano plant for the Sierra Nevada ski resort.
Spain was fined €46.5m by the EU Commission in 2016 due to a failure to ensure its plants were safely processing sewage
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22