EXPATS are demanding action after years of raw sewage leaking into a stream just metres from their homes.
Colin Evans, 67, has been in a battle with Albox town hall in Almeria to fix the problem for nine years.
Despite reporting broken pipe work at the sewage plant in El Canico, which is just 2km from his home, he claims the town hall has still failed to act.
“The smell is disgusting,” he told the Olive Press, “it is also a breeding ground for mosquitoes and it flows past our house and onwards down the rambla.
“We have complained and put in a denuncia to Albox town hall and nothing has been done.”
Evans, from Middlesbrough, explained that every year there seems to be an overflow and a break in the pipes, causing foul-smelling sewage to overflow into the rambla.
Albox town hall, and Gestagua, which maintains the sewage plant, failed to comment before going to press.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22