A SPANIARD has died from carbon monoxide poisoning while staying at a hotel in London.
Marcos Severa, 34, from Mallorca, was poisoned after the toxic gas allegedly leaked into the heating system of the Mayflower hotel in upmarket Kensington.
His roommate Esteban Garcia, 37, from Madrid is currently in a medically induced coma after being rushed to the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
The incident on Friday has been confirmed by Spain’s interior ministry.
The two victims had traveled to the capital to attend a concert on Sunday night and shared a room.
Police have reported that the ‘initial examinations’ carried out at the hotel, which was evacuated and remains cordoned off, showed ‘a high volume of carbon monoxide’, although the investigation ‘has not yet concluded’.
Family members of hospitalized Spanish are already on their way to London, according to sources close to the family.
There may be another 14 victims of poisoning, although they do not know their status.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22