RYANAIR boss has threatened to ground ALL flights temporarily in a bid to stop Brexit.
The Irish airline’s chief, Michael O’Leary said he wanted to emphasise that people would “no longer have cheap holidays” if the UK’s divorce from the EU goes ahead.
Talking to an audience in Brussels yesterday, the staunch Remainer said that the public had been “lied to”.
He said: “I think it’s in our interests – not for a long period of time – that the aircraft are grounded.
“It’s only when you get to that stage where you’re going to persuade the average British voter that you were lied to in the entire Brexit debate.
“When you begin to realise that you’re no longer going to have cheap holidays in Portugal or Spain or Italy, you’ve got to drive to Scotland or get a ferry to Ireland as your only holiday options, maybe we’ll begin to rethink the whole Brexit debate.”
Adding fuel to the fire, Lufthansa boss Carsten Spohr said: “In theory, if we could use this industry to prove to the British how wrong the decision was, that might be a good thing.”
Currently, there are no restrictions on planes flying within the bloc for member states.
In an effort to quell fears, Transport Secretary Chris Grayling said: “It’s in the interests of everyone” to keep the market open.
This follows reports that any new US-UK flight deal could be worst than the current one – which could ultimately lead to fewer flights between the two countries.
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35