THE body of a missing eight-year-old boy has been found in the boot of a car.
Gabriel Ruiz, who vanished more than a week ago, was found in the boot of his father’s girlfriend’s car.
She has been arrested as the investigation continues.
The Guardia Civil arrested her as she was transporting the corpse of the small boy in the trunk of her car.
As she was arrested she shouted out: “it wasn’t me. I only got the car this morning.” She was told in turn to: ‘shut up’ by a policeman.
Interior minister Ignacio Zoido has already told the parents of the child of his deep pain and shock.
He has also asked the media not to ‘hinder’ the work of police as ‘we are in the crucial hours of investigation.’
He also asked that no hoaxes or fake reports be issued.
The body was found at around 2pm today after more than a weeks search involving around 700 volunteers.
The story went viral on social media soon after he disappeared last Tuesday, with users posting pictures and drawings of fish in support.
Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy offered his condolences on Twitter, saying: “I share with all Spaniards the pain for the loss of Gabriel, MR, #TodosSomosGabriel.”
Cristina Cifuentes, president of the Community of Madrid, has also shared her condolences to the family through the same social network.
It comes a week after clothing containing DNA of Gabriel Cruz was found 10km from his hometown Nijar, in Almeria.
It was found by the boy’s father and his partner on Saturday next to a treatment plant near Barranco de Las Aguilas, in Las Negras, Nijar.
The investigation continues.
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15