FOUR disabled people have been hired to manage Estepona’s new car park in order to help them achieve greater independence.
Set in the historic centre on Calle Terraza, the town hall signed an agreement with the Association Pro Discapacitados Psíquicos de Estepona (Aprona) to manage the facility.
The final four were selected by the Andalucian Employment Service (SAE).
Built under Antonia Guerrero square, the car park will cost one euro for the day (9am – 9pm) and two euros overnight.
Covering an area of 3,405 square metres and set over three levels, the car park will also include recharging points for electric cars.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00