A MUCH-LOVED British expat died suddenly yesterday near his music venue on the Costa del Sol.
Police and paramedics rushed to the scene near Ringo’s bar in Sabinillas, Manilva, yesterday when Jeffrey ‘Jiff’ Turner collapsed at around 4.30pm.
Tributes have been pouring in on social media while his exact cause of death has not yet been revealed – although Guardia Civil confirmed to the Olive Press that he died of natural causes.
Radio Mix 106 said: “We would like to dedicate today’s breakfast show to Jeffrey ‘Jiff’ Turner who sadly passed away yesterday.
“Jiff was a big friend to the music scene on the Coast, for years booking acts for a number of venues before finally achieving his dream of opening his own venue at Ringo’s Bar and Cavern Club.
“Jiff will be sadly missed by everyone who knew him and counted on him as a friend.”
One friend wrote: “My lovely friend rest in peace my friend, love you and will miss chatting to you.”
Others have praised him for promoting and booking local talent at his bar.
“Very sad news, a real man of Sabi, a true character and loyal supporter of the Sabi community and did a lot to promote local talent through his many shows. RIP Jiff,” one wrote.
Another said: “RIP big man, my first contact in Duquesa over 25 years ago. A true gentleman.”
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16