Juan Jose, 52, who is morbidly obese and had waterlogged lungs, had been unable to move for a week.
He had called daily for emergency services to help him move but claims he was not classed as an emergency.
The Malagueño has been suffering from anxiety and depression and has let his weight get out of control in the last year.
Once at Juan José’s house, the firefighters had to work carefully because he was very weak and needed oxygen.
The fact that he had not moved for a week and that his lungs were waterlogged was accompanied by a hemorrhage caused by the rupture of a vein.
Juan José had to be attended by the Medical Unit of Firemen and once in the street an ambulance equipped with a special stretcher to transfer patients with morbid obesity moved him to the Clinic.
But the difficulties continued, as the mechanized stretcher was prepared for 250 kilos and the weight of Juan José exceeded 300.
The fuses of the device jumped several times and the stretcher had to be rearmed.
Once at the clinic, specialists assessed the condition of Juan José before he was admitted to the emergency room.
Specialists said any surgical intervention to treat the morbid obesity has to be carried out under very strict conditions and that in the case of Juan José, it will be considered ‘whenever his state allows it’.
His sister Lola admitted that ‘in the last year things had gotten out of hand’.
Town hall sources have confirmed that in the last twelve months the weight of Juan José multiplied so quickly that since Christmas he has received a visit from the Social Emergency Unit to address his case on at least a dozen occasions.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16