A STARVING horse has been rescued after she was found being beaten by a group of thugs in the Costa Blanca.
The animal is said to have ‘horrendous’ spinal scars caused by an ill-fitting saddle and a deformed spine from being ridden too hard from a young age.
San Javier Police found the thin mare and sent her to non-profit organisation, Easy Horse Care Rescue Centre in Rojales, where she is currently being treated.
It is believed the local police are struggling to cope with the amount of cases of animal abuse they encounter.
The mare, which the rescue centre has named ‘Beauty’, is also suffering from a loss of elasticity in her suspensory ligaments, which could cause them to collapse and leave her in a critical condition.
Founder, Sue Weeding, said: “How on Earth could we have said ‘no’ to saving this poor old soul.”
Beauty is the centre’s 113th rescued animal and is starting to make a recovery.
Donations can be made at www.easyhorsecare.net/donate/one-off-donation
- Madrid bans old cars from city centre in CRACKDOWN on pollution - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Banksy gets ‘Banksied’ as gallery in Spain exhibits art without his permission - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00
- Spain to banish 5000 pigeons from Cadiz for menacing tourists - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Brits to pay €7 to travel to EU countries after Brexit - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 17:58
- Why a ‘new’ British vegan milk has outraged Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 17:37
- Let’s talk mental health: Why teenage suicide in UK and Spain is on the rise and what parents can do to help - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Spain SLAMMED by US official for making ‘no effort’ to return Nazi-looted art from WW2 - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- British government accused of not protecting expats and EU citizens’ rights as no-deal Brexit ‘still a possibility’ - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:07
- Desperate wife of British expat who mysteriously vanished from Costa del Sol FOUR days ago reveals more details as search continues - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 12:41
- Taxi driver who raped British tourist on Costa del Sol sentenced to seven years in prison - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 11:38