A GARDENER has been arrested on suspicion of looting his owners’ tools behind his back.
The 40-year-old Spanish handy man, who works at a villa in Marbella, secretly sold off the gardening tools belonging to his boss worth a whopping €4,000.
According to La Policia Nacional the owner had an open account for a hardware shop in San Pedro de Alcantara, so employees could buy necessary supplies to keep the villa in shape.
It was here that the gardener managed to grab the tools and sell them secondhand in Estepona.
The investigation continues.
- Spanish chef Dani Garcia to close Marbella restaurant after receiving third Michelin Star last month - 18 Dec, 2018 @ 13:41
- Miss Universe pays emotional tribute to its first ever transgender contestant from Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Downing street slams claims no-deal Brexit could shatter Brits’ holiday plans - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:11
- FOUND: Costa del Sol British expat missing for nearly two weeks found safe in UK - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:08
- Madrid bans old cars from city centre in CRACKDOWN on pollution - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Banksy gets ‘Banksied’ as gallery in Spain exhibits art without his permission - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00
- Spain to banish 5000 pigeons from Cadiz for menacing tourists - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Brits to pay €7 to travel to EU countries after Brexit - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 17:58
- Why a ‘new’ British vegan milk has outraged Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 17:37
- Let’s talk mental health: Why teenage suicide in UK and Spain is on the rise and what parents can do to help - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00