A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of six robberies in a hotel on the Costa del Sol.
The 42-year-old Spaniard from Torremolinos stole valuable jewellery and money from multiple rooms from a hotel in Fuengirola.
Breaking into the guests’ rooms using a technique called “slip”, the thief managed to open the doors with a plastic sheet while keeping the lock in tact.
A hotel worker called La Policia Nacional after a terrified guest caught the thief in their room, who escaped by jumping across balconies.
After realising he was being investigated, the criminal fled his home and hid in an apartment in Benalmadena, where La Policia Nacional later found him.
His partner, a 45-year-old Cuban woman, was also arrested on suspicion of keeping stolen property.
She is believed to have sold the jewellery secondhand, which included expensive rings, watches, bracelets and necklaces.
Both appeared in front of a judge and the Spaniard could face prison.
- Spanish chef Dani Garcia to close Marbella restaurant after receiving third Michelin Star last month - 18 Dec, 2018 @ 13:41
- Miss Universe pays emotional tribute to its first ever transgender contestant from Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Downing street slams claims no-deal Brexit could shatter Brits’ holiday plans - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:11
- FOUND: Costa del Sol British expat missing for nearly two weeks found safe in UK - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:08
- Madrid bans old cars from city centre in CRACKDOWN on pollution - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Banksy gets ‘Banksied’ as gallery in Spain exhibits art without his permission - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00
- Spain to banish 5000 pigeons from Cadiz for menacing tourists - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Brits to pay €7 to travel to EU countries after Brexit - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 17:58
- Why a ‘new’ British vegan milk has outraged Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 17:37
- Let’s talk mental health: Why teenage suicide in UK and Spain is on the rise and what parents can do to help - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00