PROPERTY prices in Spain have increased by 3.8% in the first quarter of 2018 year-on-year, with Madrid leading the way.
The capital saw prices increase by 17% in the first three months of this year compared to the same period in 2017.
Palma de Mallorca wasn’t far behind, with a 14.7% price increase.
They were followed by Barcelona with a rise of 11%, and Pamplona with 10.4%.
Meanwhile, transactions in Madrid and Barcelona are at their highest level since the property crash, according to real estate agency Lucas Fox.
New homes accounted for 50% of the agency’s total sales in the two cities and transactions across all Lucas Fox’s offices in Spain increased by 39%.
Asking prices have also risen across the country, including in Andalucia.
Madrid saw the largest quarter on quarter asking price rise at 7.8% to €3,540 per square meter and year on year prices are up by 21.3% – but they are still 12.3% down on the market highs of 2008.
Prices rose by 5.6% in Granada, by 5.2% in Logrono, while in Malaga they increased by 5%, in Palma by 4.8%, in Valladolid by 3.1%, in Zaragoza by 3% and in Sevilla by 2.2%.
Prices fell by 0.3% in Bilbao, by 0.4% in Badajoz and by 0.5% in Oviedo.
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23