BRITISH security services have recruited a Costa del Sol expat drug lord as a peacemaker in the hopes of ending a bloody Scottish gang war.
In a bid to end the infamous Daniel v Lyons drug feud, which has held Scottish authorities to ransom for almost two decades, the expat was approached to encourage the rivals to agree to a truce.
The wealthy criminal, in his 60s, was on business in London when he was contacted by representatives from MI5 or The National Crime Agency, reported the Daily Record.
It is not clear which secret intelligence agency approached the expat, who was once jailed after a huge heroin drug seize in Glasgow some years ago.
The Daniel v Lyons feud broke out in 2001, after a stash of cocaine was stolen, sparking years of gang warfare.
Members Kevin “Gerbil” Carroll, 29, and Michael Lyons, 21, were killed in a triple shooting in Lambhill, Scotland in 2006, while Steven Lyons, 37, was shot but survived.
He then went on the run in the Costa del Sol and joined forces with an Irish drugs gang.
Another gang affiliate, Billy Paterson, joined Lyons in the Costa del Sol some time later and was eventually jailed in 2015 for the murder of Carroll.
According to the Daily Record, the drug lord’s attempts have been in vain as neither gangs are willing to back down.
- FOUND: Costa del Sol British expat missing for nearly two weeks found safe in UK - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:08
- Madrid bans old cars from city centre in CRACKDOWN on pollution - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Banksy gets ‘Banksied’ as gallery in Spain exhibits art without his permission - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00
- Spain to banish 5000 pigeons from Cadiz for menacing tourists - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Brits to pay €7 to travel to EU countries after Brexit - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 17:58
- Why a ‘new’ British vegan milk has outraged Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 17:37
- Let’s talk mental health: Why teenage suicide in UK and Spain is on the rise and what parents can do to help - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Spain SLAMMED by US official for making ‘no effort’ to return Nazi-looted art from WW2 - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- British government accused of not protecting expats and EU citizens’ rights as no-deal Brexit ‘still a possibility’ - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:07
- Desperate wife of British expat who mysteriously vanished from Costa del Sol FOUR days ago reveals more details as search continues - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 12:41