IT may not be as famous as gazpacho, but Cordoba’s celebrated Salmorejo soup, is getting recognition by the day.
It comes after travel bible The Lonely Planet dubbed it one of the world’s top ‘must try’ bowl dishes.
Concocted with tomatoes, bread, oil and garlic, the soup is served cold and sometimes topped with serrano ham and diced hard-boiled eggs.
Not to be confused with its cousin gazpacho, salmorejo is pinkish-orange in colour and much thicker and creamier in texture, due to the inclusion of bread.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00