SMOOTH Jazz will take over the east coast from April 25 through 30 in Sa Coma, with the only Smooth Jazz Festival in the European Mediterranean.
The 5-star Protur Biomar Gran Hotel and Spa is hosting the event, 300 metres from the shoreline, providing the perfect backdrop for edgy music.
The event kicks off with a gala dinner with all the artists and musicians, followed by a pre-festival concert.
Thursday, April 26 the main event starts, with the smooth jazz all-stars that includes ten top performers at the open-air concert.
Friday night the Americans take over, with Tim Bowman starting the night and Euge Groove ending the evening. Both artists have numerous solo albums, and a number of number one hits on the jazz charts.
Saturday and Sunday both have all day events, with concerts starting at 10:30am – and the evenings finish with an ‘Aftershow Chillout’ at midnight.
Performers include the UK’s Incognito and American Jazz stars James Lloyd and Marcus Anderson, among other top musicians in the genre.
The final day will see a spectacular performance from Detroit legend Althea René, the first flute playing to reach number one on the billboard charts.
After René performs, UK pop jazz band Shakatak takes the stage to end the festival with some of their many top-twenty hits.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15