POLICE have saved a woman’s life by interrupting her attempted murder by drug traffickers on the Costa del Sol.
Guardia Civil were carrying out surveillance on two houses in Mijas when they heard a woman screaming and crying for help.
Police stormed one of the homes to find one of the suspected drug traffickers strangling the woman with a steel cable.
She was rescued by cops and was found to have bruises all over body and had to be treated for the deep wound in her neck from the strangling attempt.
The attacker was arrested for attempted murder while his two colleagues were cuffed as they tried to flee.
According to police, the woman, who had been having sex with the would-be killer, was attempting to end the relationship and was refusing to have sex with him, sending him into a ‘murderous rage’.
The gang was using a garage of one of the houses to hide drugs in vehicles to transport to European countries.
Agents seized 313 kilos of vacuum packed hashish along with ground coffee, €12,500 in cash and two vehicles.
The three suspects, all Polish expats, are accused of belonging to a criminal organisation, drug trafficking and attempted murder (for one of them).
They have been remanded without bail.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16