The wall in Ferrol de Coruña, Galicia, has received the graffiti treatment in the style of the British artist in a space that has been reserved for him for years.
The piece shows two Guardia Civil officers kissing and appears to have been signed off by the world famous enigma, whose work sells for millions of euros at auction.
It comes after the Meninas de Canido initiative, sponsored by Estrella beer, was launched several years ago, pleading for Banksy to use their walls for a new piece.
The spot, by number 23 on calle Muiño de Vento, was reserved for the British artist as part of a regeneration plan for the neighbourhood which began eight years ago.
Last September 35,000 people attended the eighth edition of its urban art festival.
A spokesman said: “We do not know if the work which has appeared in the reserved space is original or not.”
If confirmed by Banksy, it would be the first of its kind in Spain, after one found in San Sebastian was erased after not getting confirmation of its authorship.
— Guardia Civil (@guardiacivil) April 18, 2018
Guardia Civil seemed pleased to be part of the potential first Banksy in Spain.
“Well it would be nice to be the protagonists of the first Banksy in Spain, don’t you think?”, it Tweeted to its 1.2 million followers.
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15