THIS is the moment a criminal gang which violently robbed cars to sell to drug traffickers in La Linea de Concepcion was busted in Andalucia.
Three suspects, aged between 32 to 42, were arrested in Santa Maria port in Cadiz for stealing expensive 4X4s from residential areas, which they sold to drug traffickers in the Campo de Gibraltar.
Officials revealed they had been planning another attack when they were detained.
La Policia Nacional seized 15 vehicles, 14 of which were robbed from victims’ homes in El Puerto, Chipiona and Rota y Chiclana.
The criminals also face charges of forgery and crimes against public health.
It comes after a sharp rise in vehicle robberies were reported in the area in March.
The group are said to be ‘experts’ specialising in stealing cars and it became clear the same criminals were behind the various incidents, as all the vehicles had been broken into in the same way.
Stolen cars were then sent to La Linea de Concepcion, where they were seized along with 2,200 kilograms of hashish and a large firearm.
Two of the criminals have been sentenced to prison.
- Andalucia’s Cadiz makes The New York Times’ top holiday destination list - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 10:07
- Meet the British expat stars of Channel 5’s new hit show ‘Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun’ - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 11:00
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25