THE Guardia Civil’s social media team probably bit off more than they could chew after their ‘hot cop’ tweet went viral this week.
What started as an innocent message to encourage citizens to call the 062 number soon turned into a nationwide manhunt.
Aunque por fuera nos veas vestidos de uniforme por dentro no somos diferentes a ti
Trabajamos por tu libertad y seguridad
Si nos necesitas llama???? 062 pic.twitter.com/SxkA9JgG3m
— Guardia Civil (@guardiacivil) April 15, 2018
The handsome officer pictured in the tweet stole the hearts of thousands and it soon became one of the police force’s most liked tweets ever, with more than 11,000 and counting.
But the yet to be identified agent (we’re working on it!) is not the first chiselled cop to go viral. Below we’ve rounded up the top law enforcers in Spain worth getting arrested for.
You’ve probably seen him before, he is the original viral ‘hot policeman’. The Policia Nacional agent has stolen the hearts of hundreds of thousands over the years and has been the subject of countless memes comparing ‘hot Spanish police’ to the stereotypical overweight British cop. And while I’m all for gun control, I’d love to see those two in action.
This handsome devil couldn’t resist taking a quick selfie before busting a drug trafficking ring or probably arresting a corrupt mayor, and looking damn good while doing it.
If only all police in Spain were as good at taking selfies as they are at solving crime…
This well groomed law enforcer doesn’t mind getting wet to get the job done.
This double act mean business!
Okay, I’m sure this is just an awkwardly timed photo…
Need a ride? This officer knows how to take the driver’s seat
I hope he knows how to use that weapon! (It’s actually Spanish actor Ruben Cortada in the TV series Olmos y Roblos, but pretty convincing if you ask me…)
Is volunteering for a frisk search a thing yet?
Policemen taking a selfie with a puppy, what more could you want?
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23