ANDALUCIA has been granted €35,670,000 by Madrid to clean up its beaches.
It comes after the likes of Storm Emma left the coastline from Huelva to Malaga with serious damage.
Malaga province will receive €2,550,000 from the Madrid aid, which will bring in sand to add to eroded beaches and repair damages in facilities and infrastructures.
The beaches receiving cleanup jobs are Manilva, Casares, Estepona, Marbella, Mijas, Fuengirola, Benalmádena, Torremolinos, Málaga, Rincón de la Victoria, Vélez-Málaga, Algarrobo, Torrox and Nerja.
Cadiz, meanwhile, will receive a whopping €20 million following a significant loss of sand and the destruction of facilities and infrastructure.
The emergency works will cover 67 beaches in 16 municipalities: Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Chipiona, Puerto de Santa Maria, Rota, Puerto Real, Cadiz, San Fernando, Chiclana, Conil, Vejer de la Frontera, Barbate, Tarifa, Algeciras, Los Barrios, La Linea de la Concepción and San Roque.
In total, it will cover 40 kilometers of coastline.
The funds will repair breakwaters and damaged dams, recovery of the dune system, replacement of access to beaches and repair of promenades and other infrastructures, among others.
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15