A STEPHEN Lawrence murder suspect who is wanted for drug smuggling has been seen hanging out in the Costa del Sol’s top bars.
British fugitive, Jamie Acourt – who was one of five suspected of murdering the teenager in a racially motivated attack – has been spotted in swanky celeb hotspots on the coast.
41-year-old Acourt is currently wanted by Scotland Yard on suspicion of his involvement in a €4.5 million (£4 million) cannabis smuggling ring.
His brother, Neil, 42, is currently serving a prison sentence for the drug dealing crimes.
The fugitive features on Crimestoppers’ ‘Britain’s Most Wanted’ list after he fled to Spain in 2016.
A source told the Sun on Sunday: ‘Acourt is enjoying the very lively nightlife. He rears his head every once in a while even though he knows cops are looking for him.’
The news comes on the 25th anniversary of the tragic murder of 18-year-old Stephen Lawrence.
Theresa May announced April 22 as a day of national commemoration of the teen today, which will take place every year.
Lawrence was stabbed by thugs at a bus stop in South London in 1993.
Since the incident, Acourt has always been accused for his involvement in the killing of the teen but has never faced trial.
- Twins, 4, going blind set to see leading eye specialist in a bid to save sight but STILL need your help - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 16:23
- WHAT ABOUT US?: British expats on Costa del Sol slam UK government for ‘ignoring’ them in Brexit dealings - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Andalucia’s Cadiz makes The New York Times’ top holiday destination list - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 10:07
- Meet the British expat stars of Channel 5’s new hit show ‘Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun’ - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 11:00
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54