A HUGE drug raid has seen 400 police storm a shanty town in Spain this morning.
Hundreds of officers stormed the streets of Son Gotleu and La Soledad in Son Banya, Mallorca, at 6.00am.
The area has been taken over by drug trafficking gang in recent months, with locals being forced out or too scared to fight back.
“I’m Pablo Escobar, I’m a narco!” screamed one suspect as they were taken away, “I do not have anything, you have not found anything on me!”
More than 30 house have been searched and more than 20 people have been arrested.
Those arrested have been placed on a bus and sent straight to cells before being questioned.
Specially trained sniffer dogs were used to search for cash and drugs, while some of the homes were destroyed by police.
The raid is the second under Operation Ludar, which in mid-March dismantled some thirty drug sales points in Palma and Part Forana.
Some sixty homes will be searched, half of them in Son Banya and the rest in different streets in the neighborhoods of Son Gotleu and La Soledad.
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40