THIS is the moment embattled Madrid leader Cristina Cifuentes was caught stealing from a supermarket in Spain.
Obtained by OkDiario, the clip shows Cifuentes being held by two security guards after swiping two tubs of Olay anti-ageing cream.
The PP politician was rumbled by a perfume saleswoman, who alerted nearby guards at the Eroski in Puente de Vallecas.
Cifuentes, who is now facing calls to resign after it was revealed she lied about having a university degree, was the vice president of the PP in Madrid at the time.
She was held for 45 minutes before two Policia Nacional agents arrived, who did not take it further after recognising who she was.
Despite her superiors knowing about her theft, she was allowed to climb the ranks of the conservative PP to eventually become President of the Madrid community.
The guards were said to be surprised that a customer so well dressed and groomed, ‘with designer clothes and Prada shoes’, would risk taking two products valued at just over €40.
Cifuentes paid for the creams after admitting her guilt.
At first she denied the theft then insisted that the loot was her property: “I carried them in my bag when I entered the supermarket”, she snapped.
When the police officers on the scene called headquarters they were told to ‘release her immediately’.
She was taken out the back door.
Cifuentes presents herself on her personal blog as ‘a person committed to society, who believes in Justice as a tool to solve personal conflicts’.
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15