A SEARCH party has been organised for a 17-year-old British teen that has been missing for almost a week in Andalucia.
Kieran O’Brien was last seen between the hours of 7pm to 8pm on Friday April 20 in his hometown, Alhaurín el Grande.
He was wearing grey tracksuit bottoms and a dark hoody.
It comes as a close family friend has detailed the heartbreak of the teen’s parents.
“They are in a state as you can imagine. It’s the stuff of nightmares,” she told the Olive Press.
She added that ‘they thought he had gone for a run in the forest to burn off steam’ after a small family argument.
“They live on the mountain in Alhaurín, he runs in the woods, they thought he was cooling off.
“But when he never came home that night they assumed he had gone to a friend.
“It was by Sunday that they were worried as they had tried calling him but his phone was off, they called all his friends but nobody had seen him.”
She said police confirmed he took nothing with him, only his mobile phone, suggesting he intended to come home.
“He has been a drama student from an early age and is a confident young teen.
“He is quite sporty, loves to run and play tennis.
“We are still hoping and praying he just walks through the door.”
She added that he is ‘very well liked’ in the community with a lot of friends.
Police are not ruling anything out and have been tracking Kieran’s phone, while a helicopter has been dispatched as part of the search.
Family friends have called on the community to help find the teen and a search party is set to take place in the morning on Saturday April 28.
All available expats and locals are being encouraged to join in the search.
A time and a meeting place is yet to be confirmed.
Anyone with information is urged to call 116000.
More to follow.
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25
- EXCLUSIVE: World’s first carnivore retreat is coming to Spain’s Andalucia - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- EXCLUSIVE: Seriously ill Brit spent Christmas and New Year locked up with terrorists in southern Spain and has STILL not been charged with crime - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 10:01