OVER 30 artists and performers have signed up for Palma’s ‘Freedom of Expression’ concert in support of convicted rap artist Valtonyc.
The Association of Creators and Artists for Artistic Freedom has organised the June 17 event, in response to Mallorcan rapper Josep Miquel Arenas, aka Valtonyc, being sentenced to three and a half years in prison for glorifying terrorism and serious insults and threats to the crown.
Artists from all across Spain will be performing at the Palma Arena, including Boikot from Madrid, Seville’s own hip hop rapper, Tote King, and the famous Albert Pla from Catalonia.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15