A CHINESE student has launched an appeal after claiming she was racially bullied on a train on the Costa del Sol.
In a Facebook post, Dantong Zhang, who refers to herself as Iris, describes the shocking moment she was bullied by a group of teenagers.
Zhang, from Jiaxing, China, described in detail how the group made fun of the Asian accent, hit her repeatedly on the head and threw cigarettes at her.
Hello everyone, my name is Iris, an overseas student who currently study in Málaga. Today(29/04/2018) I was taking the…
One or more of the group could be British after boasting of attending ‘private English school’ with a very strong British accent.
“Hello everyone, my name is Iris, an overseas student who currently study in Málaga, (SIC),” read the post, which has been shared more than 1,000 times.
“Today(29/04/2018) I was taking the first train from Fuengirola to Málaga at 06:10, there were someone (a group of Spanish students) keeping hitting me on my head from the back seat, made fun of me, insulted me and at the same time making a video. And one of them even smoked in the train and throw cigarette to me.
“They had already on the train when I got on from Fuengirola, and after I sat down I just fell asleep. They were making a scene at the train like singing loudly, smoking, imitating the way Asian talk in a insulting way and stuff. I had no contact with any student sitting around me(there are around 15 of them), not even an eye-contact. But out of a sudden, someone hit me on my head, at first I thought it’s intentionally, but the second time I noticed the boy sitting opposite to me was taking a video, so I told them to stop. But they didn’t. They did it at least four times.
“I have already called the police, but I still need your help. If you were also at this train and saw what happened or if u know the one who bulled me, it will be highly appreciated if you can contact me.
“They are Spanish kids aged around 15, one of them said they are studying at a ” private English school” and his English has a British accent. I took a photo(below)of the boy who hit me, and he hopped off the train at 06:26, Arroyo de la Miel.
“This kind of behavior is unacceptable, and also racist. That’s why I decided to stand out and fight back. Just like what I did at the train.
“At last, I want to express my gratefulness towards everyone who has helped me today, especially a girl from Malaga. And also to the girl who stood out for me and then sat next to me to protect me. Thanks for your help.”
CORRECTION: A previous version of this article stated the bullied victim was a boy
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47