THIS is the moment a man was caught playing the guitar while driving a British-plated car with his knees on a motorway in Mallorca.
The ‘idiot’ driver appears to be relaxed and enjoying strumming a tune without noticing the danger of his reckless behaviour.
It looks as though the driver is steering the car with his knees, while he drives at speed on the Palma Inca motorway.
The man has not yet been identified but is believed to be British due to his driving plate and right-hand wheeled car.
Reportedly the Guardia Civil are now looking for the man, who could face charges of reckless driving, six points on his licence, a €500 fine and a temporary driving ban.
According to local news website, Cronica Balear, the video was recorded on Saturday April 28 at 7pm, after it was uploaded to social media.
“’Look at this video because it’s legendary,” laughed the Spaniard filming the outrageous incident.
“An English man with the steering wheel on the other side of the car, playing his guitar while he’s driving.
“I never expected to see recklessness like this on a motorway.”
News website Cronica Balear condemned the driver and appear to be tired of this sort of behaviour which becomes yet more common in the run up to summer.
It wrote in an article: ‘We have seen all types of carelessness on the roads.
‘Drivers talking on the phone, putting on make-up, reading a map or paper, eating or even drinking alcohol.
‘But in the Balearics we can now add this sad image to the list, an idiot driving while playing his guitar.’
- Spanish chef Dani Garcia to close Marbella restaurant after receiving third Michelin Star last month - 18 Dec, 2018 @ 13:41
- Miss Universe pays emotional tribute to its first ever transgender contestant from Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Downing street slams claims no-deal Brexit could shatter Brits’ holiday plans - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:11
- FOUND: Costa del Sol British expat missing for nearly two weeks found safe in UK - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:08
- Madrid bans old cars from city centre in CRACKDOWN on pollution - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Banksy gets ‘Banksied’ as gallery in Spain exhibits art without his permission - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00
- Spanish city to banish 5,000 pigeons for ‘driving away’ tourists - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Brits to pay €7 to travel to EU countries after Brexit - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 17:58
- Why a ‘new’ British vegan milk has outraged Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 17:37
- Let’s talk mental health: Why teenage suicide in UK and Spain is on the rise and what parents can do to help - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00