A PROTECTED witness in the Tolo Cursach case has told the press that cooperating with the authorities has ‘destroyed his life’.
‘Witness 29’ has given evidence on 25 separate occasions – detailing how Cursach forced Eastern European women into prostitution.
Cursach was controversially freed on bail last week after three judges ruled that there had not been an instance of witness intimidation for six months.
“I don’t know where to begin,” ‘Witness 29’ said.
“I’ve been beaten up, had a tooth and a couple of ribs broken, I’ve been left an obituary in my name, I’ve been followed, I’ve been told that if I don’t leave Mallorca I’ll be dead, I’ve been insulted on social media, spat on at a cash dispenser, my car tires have been slashed.
“All because I cooperated with police and judicial system.”
Florian Bogdan, a Romanian working for the Cursach group was sentenced to three years and two months in jail in February for viciously attacking the witness in an attempt to silence him.
“I want to continue, but if I had known what I was in for, I might have thought twice about collaborating,” ‘Witness 29’ revealed.
“Witness protection is a sham.
“They tell you ‘don’t worry, we’re with you now’, and they give you a number and so on.
“But there are mafias who aren’t scared of the police or anything and I’m totally alone here.”
He is not the only witness in the case to have complained about abuse and threats.
One individual has reported being followed, another accused a Cursach associate of trying to run her off the road and another lady found her tires slash.
The former ‘King of the Night’ faces 16 separate charges including homicide, drug trafficking, bribery and money laundering.
If found guilty he could face up to 80 years in prison.
The trial continues.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33