Both El Paraiso and Atalaya rank with the oldest courses on the coast and were established in the days when you could build a golf course just about anywhere you liked. As a result, the quality of the courses is fantastic, built on wonderfully flat land with the mountainous backdrop of the Sierra de las Nieves.
It means you don’t lose so many balls and the courses are easy to walk around.
El Paraiso caters for every kind of golfer, boasting seven different types of membership and up to eight competitions a week for varying abilities. It also has an active ladies section, with more than 200 members.
Atalaya Golf Club proudly dates back to 1968, when the design of the course was more important than fitting it between apartment blocks.
Eucalyptus trees, cacti and palms line the club’s two 18-hole courses – Atalaya Old and Atalaya New – whose wide, easy-walking fairways pass fountains and flower beds.
As a members’ club that is open to guests, the course has a lively community feel and there is always a buzz around the clubhouse.
Although a younger course, dating from 1989, Estepona Golf is famous for superb putting sur- Estepona boasts two of the Costa del Golf’s founding courses, and a whole lot more Greens are go!
PITCH PERFECT: Estepona courses faces and sea views. Featuring strong par 3s, it provides an excellent round for players of all standards.
“Estepona has the best golfing temperatures in Europe, with over 320 days of sunshine a year and an average of 22 degrees,” explains Jason Callow, of Estepona Golf.
“This coast is one of the best places in Europe for golf, due to the weather, the breathtaking panoramic views across mountains and sea, and of course the great choice on offer.”
Contact El Paraiso on 952 883 835 or email email@example.com For Estepona Golf, call 952 937 605, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Italian dynamo – one of the most-established chefs in Pollensa - 15 Jun, 2018 @ 18:10
- Estepona boasts two of the Costa del Golf’s founding courses, and a whole lot more - 4 May, 2018 @ 18:21
- Oh La La La Cala – Joffrey Charles is the true Gallic star of the coast - 8 Apr, 2018 @ 17:12
- Sherry House in Mijas has one of the biggest collection of sherries in the world - 7 Apr, 2018 @ 20:01
- Taste on a high – Mijas is fast developing a vibrant and exciting restaurant scene - 5 Apr, 2018 @ 19:47
- It’s been happy days since Guillermo Morillas opened his agency, Target Estates, in Mijas Pueblo - 4 Apr, 2018 @ 21:22
- Secret of success – the key restaurateurs of Mijas Pueblo - 3 Apr, 2018 @ 19:18
- Two Spanish sides to face English teams in the Champions League - 4 Jan, 2018 @ 16:56
- The three best casinos in Madrid - 4 Jan, 2018 @ 16:08
- You Could Win $690 Million in American Lottery Prizes This Weekend - 29 Dec, 2017 @ 13:30